Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sara says: CHECK OUT MAH TROPICAL TIPS

Hello! I have more makeup geekery for you today, this time a manicure!

I found this lovely look on Pinterest, of course, from WAH Nails in London.



And here is my interpretation and what I used.




















Base Coat / BONDER Rubberized Polish Gripping Basecoat
Base Color / MAC Nail Lacquer in Brown Bag
Blue / Sinful Colors in Fly Away
Hot Pink / China Glaze in Shocking Pink (Neon)
Yellow / Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow
Aqua / Orly in Gumdrop
Green / Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lickety-Split Lime
Top Coat /Orly Polishield

(left hand)



















(right hand)  
























I'm pleased as punch! My lines aren't as thin as the WAH Nails rendition. I didn't have a nail art brush on hand (in a pinch you can use a ratty old gel eyeliner brush).

The ORLY Rubberized BONDER dealy is definitely my favorite base coat. And if I haven't said it before, you most certainly want a base coat my lovelies. My nails have yet to yellow because of polish!

Also, the ORLY top coat is lovely but you have to work FAST. I find, like Seche Vite, that once you get down to the last third of the bottle that it gets quite tacky. Most beauty nerds who swear by Seche Vite counteract this problem by getting the big ole' refill. Can't get tacky if it never gets empty!

So what are you rockin on your claws? Any favorite products? I'm about to pee myself waiting for the China Glaze Metro Uptown/Downtown collection to come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment