Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sara says: I LOVE JUNK

I do, I do!

I hope no one's getting all barfy about Valentine's Day here in the blog-o-sphere. But I'd thought I'd put a fun, junky, spin on it and present you with my recent thrifty finds - which just so happen to be seasonally appropriate.

A Daher tin with an adorable pattern, a fab 4-strand pink plastic neckace, enamel flower brooch, and vintage Hallmark Valentine's card!
Here's a close-up of the card. It's super sweet and will be on it's way to Matt's grandmother shortly.
A close-up of the pattern on the tin. One of my favorites in my collection. I have a pretty righteous damn tin collection, if I do say so myself.
Check out this "key to my heart" brooch with a beautiful leafy hankie. Teal/red is the best color combo!
One of two vintage valentines. "VALENTINE - if I ask you to be mine... PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME THE BIRD"









 The background in the next couple of photos (and this one) is a red scarf I snagged at an antique mall yesterday!


I love the swanky doors. "VALENTINE - everything 'HINGES' on your answer. WILL YOU BE MINE? Don't 'SHUT' me out"
A funny little novel with handwritten little quips on the inside from it's previous owner. I adore the cover, but look inside!
A napkin with friends and their beaus (both real and imaginary, observe Paul McCartney up there!) written in the cutest delicate handwriting. Dated June 13th, 1966.





I picked up a small baggie of the wee plastic red birds (above) at an estate sale last weekend. I see them becoming a garland in the future...


A metal tray with some painters doing their thing. Check out that hideous plastic strawberry candle ring on the right - had to have it!








The upper left is some of the crochet strawberries I've been randomly making. I've strewn them around as decorations for the moment.




Like I've been saying (for like a month now, sorry!) I'm having fun with the kitschy side of V-Day. You should too! Ya know, as opposed to being bitter or angry. Or just ignore the thing entirely. Eat some nachos if you can.

Found anything fab thrifting recently? I want to know! Hope you're having a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment