Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sara says: READ A BOOK

I'm weird about books. I'll admit I'm not an avid reader outside of academia, but more a circumstantial reader. Books tend to choose me. I love to loiter around bookstores. I don't like libraries as much because of the quiet. The books choosing me part sounds like a roaring whisper... it can get intense in libraries. 

OK! Now that I've creeped everybody out! I went on a bit of an amazon-spree the other day and here's what I'm reading
*Images from Amazon.com*


I just started If I Stay, by Gayle Forman. NPR did a story on this one. I read the bit they posted and I was sucked in. Yeah, it has a bit of a Stephanie Meyer-vibe, but I don't hate the main character (sorry Team-Bella).












Alright friends and family- NOBODY PANIC! And don't let the title jar you either. I'm all about taking ownership of words (I'm looking at you "cunt".) As a student of psychology and communication, sexuality is something I've always been interested in. And the communication that goes on when one is an "ethical slut" is complex. Thankfully, someone wrote this shit down. The Ethical Slut: A Practical Guide to Polyamory, Open Relationships & Other Adventures by Dossie Easton and Janet W. Hardy is a oft-recommended primer on how to establish and maintain various multiple-partner situations... without being an asshole. Everyone wins! Unrelated: You know how your parents may have gotten you a puberty-coming of age-WHAT'SGOINGONDOWNTHERE?!-type book when you were young? Sexuality has always been my thing. Always. So much so, I picked out my own damn book and asked Mum to buy it for me. It was this one.


Just look at it! *SQUEE* Don't act like you don't want a cupcake scarf! I know you do! What I will dub "Harajuku crochet" is all the rage. No, really, it is! And for good reason! How could you ever be sad wearing a pizza scarf? HOW?!










My friend, Citizen K, is doing a cookbook-a-month project. Ms. January is Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. After ogling K's cookin, I had to have it! This cookbook also seems friendly for people who aren't as kitchenly-inclined as Ms. K. *cough* See also:  
+Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook 
+Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World: 75 Dairy-Free Recipes for Cupcakes that Rule 
+Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar: 100 Dairy-Free Recipes for Everyone's Favorite Treats 

Pretty much staples for the veggie kitchen. At least in veggie kitchens for people that like yummy things.

 

So, what are you guys reading that's ah-mazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment