Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sara says: EH. NOVEMBER.

HOLY CRICKET I AM DELINQUENT IN MY BLOG DUTIES! Ok, it's not that serious, but man did November go by fast. I can't believe it's already Christmas time! AHHHHH!

Well, November does serve a purpose other than being Pre-Generic Winter Buying Holiday time. Let's look, shall we?

+New blogs I've found and enjoyed:
- Fat People of Color
- Oh So Lovely Vintage
- omg cats in space!
- Things Could Be Worse

+My favorite posts this month:
- Everyone meet Mariner Edge of Glory!
- Twi-hard makeup geek time! (I don't hate Kristen Stewart, I really don't... see below.)

+Movies I've watched:
- The Muppets. It was pretty sweet. Miss Piggy being sassy! Hooray! Amy Adams is my new girl-crush. Seriously. Me-ow.

- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1. This one was my favorite of all the other Twilight films! I love how they just went for it and was all, "Here we go y'all, all aboard on the crazy train!" I think Bella was the most likeable she's ever been in the films, and that's all I'm going to say about that. I've about finished the books, so when I snark on the conservative, anti-feminist themes at least I'll have the knowledge to back it up. This series is so dumb... and I love it for being dumb. *sigh*

- The Lovely Bones. I don't understand why people didn't like this one! I guess I've just been a Peter Jackson fan for too long; I could totally see him being into this story. Reminded me a bit of Heavenly Creatures. The special effects could have been better, perhaps. This movie was no What Dreams May Come, as far as depicting heaven goes. Other than that, I liked it a lot!

- Watched all three Lord of the Rings films over Thanksgiving. Why? BECAUSE I'M A NERD, THAT'S WHY. Something about epic sagas just gets to me... gonna start reading The Hunger Games I think, before the movie comes out.

- marathoned all 8 Harry Potter movies, because that's just what I do when I'm stressed.

Jeez, my taste in movies makes me look like a big dork! I need to get a little more arte haus up in here!

+Creepiest Clown:
 I Screamed a Cuss













+YouTube videos that made me teehee:
I know this video is as old as the internet, but it makes me happy!


Learn how to speak gracefully in public like Kristen Stewart!


I love Target's holiday ads, they have embraced the crazy White woman demographic!


+Other Required Viewing:
- A proposed software tool is intended to address concerns about the prevalence of highly idealized and digitally edited images in advertising and fashion magazines. (Clicky here for article).
- Why The Walking Dead makes me scream at the teevee, but I'll probably still watch it in February.
- Fuck Whole Foods.
- Hyperbole and a Half triumphs over depression.

+Notable pins:
I keep threatening to make a neon-Jesus themed room, and this is kind of what it would look like.


 Easy curls hair tutorial! So easy, a Sara can do it!


My favorite comic so far from Things Could Be Worse, linked above. Thanks, Casey!


I am so going to make this.


Children as Ellen and Portia on their wedding day for Halloween! This made me cry all over the place.
Source: tumblr.com via Sara on Pinterest


+Exciting happenings IRL:
- Done with school this semester, OMFG!
- Took the lovey to go see Fiddler on the Roof as an early Christmas present. TRADITION! tradition...

+Relevant photos:

Granny and her tree. Poor Granny broke her hip this month. Ignore cluttery-ass kitchen.

LET THE BAKING BEGIN!

I am obsessed with making hats, but have discovered I may be slightly allergic to acrylic?!

+Big Girls Don't Cry Hotness of the Month:
Oh yeah, fat girls CAN SO cosplay and look badass!





Tell me something amazing you did last month? Did you have an epic and marvelous Thanksgiving? I hope so!

Here's to a truly excellent Decemeber! Wow! The year is almost over!

No comments:

Post a Comment