Friday, May 20, 2011

Sara continues to ponder what to do with: OLD KEYS

Let's consider this Part II (here's the first post) of our exploration of this easy crafting medium.

I've noticed that this is a commonly searched topic on my blog -AND- I've stumbled upon a massive stockpile of old keys while cleaning out the garage. So I'm gonna have to think of more stuff to make! Here's some ideas:


Jewelry, of course.


Keys would look lovely on a messy, charmy piece of jewelry like this. Click through my Pinterest pin for the tutorial. :D


Prettify! Repurpose costumed jewelry + super glue.
Source: google.com via Sara on Pinterest


Stick it on a cord!


Embellish and affix to a bobby pin!
Source: etsy.com via Sara on Pinterest



A little committal, but you can nail them on the wall mosaic-style.





These are little porcelain keys, but I think this gives you a good idea of what old keys would look like with a nice, thick coat of paint.



I still like the wind chime idea.
Source: flickr.com via Sara on Pinterest





I love this sweet framed memento idea. Maybe make a little note about the house the key belonged to?





Simple frames!


Pretty, but let's jazz it up a bit...


Just add spray paint and a little fabric backing!



Lastly, make a thing to hang new keys on! Get a board, glue embellished keys artfully, and screw in little hangy things on the bottom! Could look like this:
Source: etsy.com via Sara on Pinterest



Bonus idea that I really like: This is with pennies obviously, but you could totally use keys and a thrifted little table or somesuch.




So, what are you gonna make? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment