Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sara says: WHAT'S GOING ON?

Just checking in! I'm back in school so I'm feeling a bit harassed, haha. Over the summer I'll be studying psychopharmacology and family counseling. Conclusion: Give your entire dysfunctional family drugs! (Just kidding... maybe). Just to prove that I do not, in fact, thrift all the time I thought I would share a bit of goings on and what's on my mind this week.




*strummy strummy strummy strum strummmmm*

Source: npr.org via Sara on Pinterest


Eddie Vedder's Ukulele Songs is out and you can stream it all on NPR. What a calming summer treat! I adore him and what a great concept for a sophomore solo album. Ok, yes, it's sappy... but I for one plan to unabashedly roll around in the sticky sappy goodness of Eddie Vedder and his ukulele. If that's as dirty as it sounds, so be it!


"Rise dark girl. Rise."

Dark Girls: Preview from Bradinn French on Vimeo.

This is a preview of the documentary film, Dark Girls directed by Bill Duke and D. Channsin Berry. The full length film is supposed to be release at the end of the year. This preview is about 10 minutes long and features, "clips from the upcoming documentary exploring the deep-seated biases and attitudes about skin color---particularly dark skinned women, outside of and within the Black American culture." I feel like this film is going to be more insightful and impactful than Chris Rock's Good Hair. I'm not at all implying that Good Hair is a failure, but I would call it fairly basic. This is an issue that I feel pretty passionate about... lifting up young women to remove the veil of shame in whatever form it takes. Do watch and discuss!



"THAT'S SOOOO TAKEI!"


In the darkness created by fools in Tennessee, there is some light. Sparkly, sparkly light. Buy some "takei" stuff. It all goes to charity! Oh and I love his twitter!


Trendy Trends
Source: google.com via Sara on Pinterest


I got some of these Sultra Feather Hair Accents in a teal combo (Boho Breeze). Me thinks I'm gonna do a full review on these. Super fun! Available at Sephora.



This lovely lady is sporting Manic Panic in Electric Tiger Lilly and a bit of Electric Banana. Think I could rock these colors? I'm itchin to do silly things to my hair.




Zoya Touch Collection (limited edition) in Minka, Shay, and Pandora $8.00 each. I love these nudie colors and Zoya is a really great company. I want all of them to make an ombre-effect mani.




I freakin love these "earrings".


Yummy


Why don't I have one of these yet? I'm obsessed with the ones at Starbucks. In fact, I think I'm gonna go get one right now...



Y'all have a fab Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment