Monday, October 3, 2011

Sara says: WAKE ME UP WHEN SEPTEMBER ENDS

Because I can be corny if I want to, that's why! And it's been a rough one, folks.

I mean, seriously...
-9/11 10-year anniversary.
-American Apparel once again proves how sensitive and positive a company they are.
-Troy Davis executed, becoming a martyr and a poster child for how capital punishment fails us.
-Don't Ask/Don't Tell finally ends, which is GOOD, but brings out some pretty strong emotions and GOP candidate/constituent FAIL. 
-Jamey Rodemeyer commits suicide, bringing further attention to the issues of bullying and the impact on the LGBT community. Support the It Gets Better Project!

And my granny took a nose-dive this month and seems to be fading faster and faster. Being a caretaker sucks. I'm glad to do it and wouldn't have it any differently, but it still sucks.

+Comfort Food (besides me going on daily Starbuck's pillages):



+New blogs I've found and enjoyed:
-Picked up some mighty sweet crochet patterns from PlanetJune.
-craftyminx, plus-size crafty maven! Wanna learn how to crochet? School is in session






+My favorite post this month:
-I Am Mine, after going to see PJ20. 

+Movies I've watched:
-PJ20, I had no idea that Cameron Crowe did Almost Famous and it's basically about his life. Wow!
-Ponyo, adorable! I love Miyazaki and this one is not at all creepy! I'm worried that he may be sacrificing creepy for Disney-fication though, but I haven't seen some of his other films that are targeted for a younger set.
-The Princess and the Frog, another anti-depressant. First Disney film I've ever openly debated.
-Red Dragon, the prequel to Silence of the Lambs. My beau has never seen any of the films and this one was surprisingly better than I remembered it. Ralph Fiennes is so deliciously evil...
-Mystery Science Theater 3000, OMG this is like my go to anti-depressant! It's totally for geeks and the films are indeed painful, but I remember fondly being a little baby Sara staying up late watching MST3K. Here's Mike and his robot friends shredding a short film about hygiene. Priceless.



+Creepiest Clown:
Hey there buddy...














+YouTube videos that made me teehee:
Drew from Toothpaste for Dinner, doesn't do shit and neither do I.


The Misadventures of AWKWARD Black Girl!


My work out tune from Ms. Leslie Hall.


Dude acts like a total douche-canoe whilst getting tattooed.



+Notable pins:
Cosmo for reals.
Source: twitpic.com via Jen on Pinterest


Whheeee!


Models Own Beetlejuice Collection, Nov. 2011


I'm getting obsessed with making little amis! Lookit these flowers! I could make me some pink daffodils!


Yes! Quickly now! Om nom nom!
Source: memebase.com via Sara on Pinterest



+Exciting happenings IRL:
-I'm going on vacation with my Lovey!
-Halloween decorations are up!
-It's Fall and we are totally tearing up squashes and pumpkins!
-Hot Springs Documentary Film Fest time!


+Relevant Photos:

Lookit this pretty spider web...

New inky! Why yes, it is from Berkley Illustration...

Matt and I being silly with a mousey ami I made...

+Big Girls Don't Cry Hotness of the Month:
In the continued spirit of "BBW Dominatrix"!
 



Ah, October! I missed you! I'll try not to be too happy about the demise of September.

Tell me, what's been going on with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment