Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sara says: I PLANTED A PLANT AND I HOPE IT DOESN'T DIE

Because seriously, I over-watered a gerber daisy I got my Mum for Valentine's Day. I DROWNED IT. I was so sad.

Anyways, HELLO! I have been on somewhat of a hiatus, but Granny is back home from the hospital and doing fairly well. Granny was kind of, unwittingly, the source of my latest spring inspiration. For some reason, Granny had an abandoned pedestal sink in her backyard. It was just there. Just because. And we never bothered to do anything with it... UNTIL NOW!

Abandoned grossy sink has now been magically transformed in to a container garden!







And yes, Gnomeo and Juliet live underneath it. My little fleurs are Hawaiian Blue Eyes and hopefully they'll grow up to look like this:


 (Image from: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zJpnTu57Koc/SK4nO2FE3cI/AAAAAAAAE1c/Workxsc2Udg/s400/LI-flowers-5300b.jpg)
 
I picked blue flowers on purpose... to look like water... I'm a dork.
 
I think I'd also like to paint the thing- just haven't figured out exactly what. Probably just swirly fun designs. Do y'all have any spring gardening aspirations? This is about as good as it gets for me, though I do have visions of making a catus-scape. Those are pretty idiot-proof...
 
Ya think anyone would notice if I reclaimed a toilet and a bathtub?
 
Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment