Friday, August 12, 2011

Sara says: PUT THE LIME IN THE COCONUT

Salutations! I have makeup geekery for you! This is a color pairing that I REALLY FREAKIN LOVE, which was inspired by something I saw on, you guessed it, Pinterest.

LIME + TAUPE/BROWN/BEIGE




Here's my rendition:





I used the Urban Decay Naked Palette for a nice, neutral eye (using the colors Naked, Buck, and a wee of Darkhorse).

For the greens I used:
-MAC Bitter Eyeshadow
-Tarina Tarininto Tokyo Hardcore Eye Dream Hypershadow (which on on sale for $5!!! GET IT! It's lovely! I paid $10 a few months ago and I may buy another one...)
-A bit of the Wet n Wild I Dream of Greenie trio (I've heard they're gonna quit making these trios, go snatch it up at your local drug store!)




The shape of this look is somewhat inspired by one of my favorite Sephora looks from a couple of years ago.

Source: sephora.com via Sara on Pinterest


The trick it to add a little pop of color somewhere unexpected. It can be a bright color, like my acid green funtimes, but it has to be kind of subtle and blended out. See the top right portion of her blue eyeshadow look? I just did that on the left side for my lime look!

I lined the bottom of my eye with a flesh-toned pencil (which, thankfully, are easier to find now). I added a tiny bit of the lime green to the middle of my bottom lash line and blended it out to make a gradient effect. Being in the center of the eye made it playful and spiffy, if I do say so myself. :P



So there ya have it! What's your favorite way to add color to your makeup looks?


No comments:

Post a Comment