Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sara says: TAG, I'M IT! BEAUTY FAVORITES!

BEAUTY FAVORITES TAG FROM NOUVEAU CHEAP

(Note: Some  of these products are holy grails and some are just products I'm really loving right now.)

[Foundation]
I’m still looking for a favorite foundation. Right now, I’m using a Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer with some powder on top – which is good for the sweltering summer months anyways.

[Powder]
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Light Medium.



[Primer]
Too Faced Primed and Poreless Bronzed Tint. In the beginning of the summer this really helped me feel less transparent (and I have a bit of sun damage on my chest, so face and chest were different colors). It's an intimidating brown color, but a little bit goes a long ways! Pale faces can totally use it!

[Blush]
I love bright blushers! My favorite is a cremeblend blush by MAC, Optimistic Orange, from the MAC in Lillyland collection from 2010. I used it on my friend Kristen when we went to go see Chicago in June.

Observe Optimistic Orange in action! :)
















[Bronzer]
Sometimes I’ll use a bit of MAC powder blush in Prism for a subtle effect, but I love the Physician’s Formula Happy Heart powder collection and I have the bronzer from that in the aptly named Light Bronzer.

[Concealer]
I haven’t found a favorite yet! I really would like to try the Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer. Confession: I’m a bit of a n00b when it comes to applying concealer.

[Highlight]
tokidoki's Luminosa Powder is my favorite! It's pinky with pink micro-glitter (very subtle!) and it is gorgeous when the light hits it.

Source: sephora.com via Sara on Pinterest


[Moisturizer]
I use a pretty basic, drugstore one with SPF, but my fall quest is to find the perfect, affordable moisturizer. Suggestions for oily skin? I have a Mario Badescu gift card to spend too! Maybe I’ll do that (and blog about it of course!)

[Lipgloss]
Favorite of the moment is L'Oreal Colour Riche le gloss in Plum Rush and Revlon Lip Gloss in Lilac Pastelle. I'm into the purple spectrum right now apparently! 

[Lipstick]
Like blushers, if it looks hard to pull off I will probably love it. A couple of my favorites are: Wet n Wild #511B (a bright fuchsia), Revlon's Siren (a creamy orange), MAC's Playing Koi from Quite Cute 2011, Viva Glam Gaga 2010, and this craziness by Maybelline that I found today. It looks like candy!


Source: scrangie.com via Sara on Pinterest


[Lip Balm]
e.o.s or Jack Black! The e.o.s is fun for when you wanna freak people out in public. It is, indeed, freaky looking, but lovely.

Source: google.com via Sara on Pinterest


[Lip Liner]
I mostly use MAC, but primarily because if I get a crazy lip color and there’s a matchy matching liner I’ll probably pick that up too. I also use the Lip Primer from Too Faced and it’s not half bad (when I remember to use it…)

[Eye Primer]
Urban Decay Primer Potion forever! I’ve heard the NARS one is really, really good though.

[Eyeshadow]
I really love my e.l.f palette in Punk Funk and the Milani Paint palette, but my favorite ever (for the moment at least, lol) is Sassy Grass by MAC (from the Dare to Wear collection from summer 2010).



[Eyeliner]
I have the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary set of 24/7 liners and I’m loving it! They’re my go-to for sure. I do also agree with one of my favorite YouTubers, LovePeaceandLipGloss, that Whiskey (a red-brown) from the Urban Decay's Naked palette is one of my favs, but it is exclusive to that set so I don’t use it very often. The Naked palettes for sale now don’t even come with that pencil anymore! Hopefully they’ll make it permanent. It’s gorgeous.




[Mascara]
I like the one I’m using right now, the leafy-Physician’s Formula one. I’ve also enjoyed MAKE UP FOR EVER’s smoky lash mascara. I want a good colored one!

[Face Brush]
I really want to add this brush from Physician’s Formula to my stash, but ya know I tend to mainly use powder puffs. I don’t have a “set in stone” face routine, so it really just depends. I do like this fan brush from e.l.f. and stippiling “skunk” brushes. I have the #188 from MAC.

Source: google.com via Sara on Pinterest


[Eye Brush]
It really depends on the look I’m doing! I am really impressed right now with the eyeliner brush from e.l.f. (it makes gel liners a BREEZE and I am BLIND y’all!)

[Nail Polish]
Right now, I’m really loving Orly Lollipop (the perfect light purple for my skin-tone, NO LOBSTER-HANDS!) and Finger Paints Catwalk Queen from the Fall Fashionista collection. I can’t wait for Halloween collections to start rolling out. >:)

Source: scrangie.com via Sara on Pinterest

Source: scrangie.com via Sara on Pinterest


[Perfume]
Burberry (just the classic Burberry) and Thierry Mugler’s Alien are pretty much all I wear. I’ve been enjoying a solid perfume by Pacifica, Spanish Rose, for the summer time.

Source: sephora.com via Sara on Pinterest


[Makeup Brands: Highend/Drugstore]
High End: I don’t venture in to that territory very often, but I’d have to say uhmmm... YSL, Guerlain, Chanel, Giorgio Armani... whatever Christine posts that is fabulous. I like to window shop!
Middle: Urban Decay, MAC, MAKE UP FOR EVER, NARS, Too Faced
Drugstore: Wet n Wild, Milani, Physican’s Formula, L.A. Colors, e.l.f.



Whew! I tag EVERYONE reading this post right now. If you don't have a blog, feel free to leave your favorites in the comments. I'd love to read them!

Full-disclosure: I bought everything! I am not affiliated with anything! Links are for information only and I would never send you anywhere I wouldn't go, ok?



No comments:

Post a Comment