Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sara says: REST IN PINK

My aunt was trying to purchase a house here in town last week. It was a repo with a listing price of $88k - 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms... and, to my infinite surprise and delight, a pink kitchen. I have a bit of an obsession with pink, though my house isn't a Hello Kitty crack shack, I promise! It's like my antidepressant. I particularly love the stylings of a 1950's pink kitchen. This one was perfect.






Me doing my 50's housewife pose?

My aunt lost out on the house; as you can imagine it was pretty competitive. It breaks my heart to think of this mint condition, gorgeous pink kitchen being torn to pieces. This post is my ode to it.


Source: google.com via Sara on Pinterest




































*siiiiggggghhhhhhh*

4 comments:

  1. I would love a pink kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunt had a pink kitchen and I loved it! I hate to hear your aunt missed out on the house. Hopefully, whoever bought it will reclaim it and preserve it. Those appliances are worth a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god. God. GOD. That kitchen might be the most perfect thing I've ever seen! I hurt for your aunt. And for your freedom to stand in it and bask in its pink glory any old time you want....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Maybe we can hope that someone got it who will keep it. I hope! I hope!

    ReplyDelete