Friday, July 15, 2011

Sara says: MISCHIEF MANAGED

OH. EM. GEE! I had a blast last night with my family! I pretty much loved the film and the sounds of my squeeing filled the theater when I saw the preview for The Dark Knight Rises (the Avengers can go to hell, really).

Local media coverage of Harry Potter madness. I feel pretty fortunate now to not only have gotten a ticket, but experience relative ease with getting in and out. Winning!




So, this is more makeup geekery! I was going to do an elaborate mask, but the humidity and my energy levels just wouldn't allow. Still did something fun and different though! Usually, I rock a green and silver look. But, just for Harry, I did a red and gold look. I feel like I had trouble getting a decent picture and the lighting makes me look like a ghost... but you get the idea!

HP: 7 Part 2 Gryffindor look.




This color combo is intense obviously, but I would totally rock this on an average day. Eyes:
+Urban Decay Primer Potion
+Jesse's Girl Eye Dust in Rouge Flambe (inner half of lid)
+NYX eyeshadow #160 Africa (inner corner of lid)
+ MAC eyeshadow in Charcoal Brown (outer corner of lid)
+Urban Decay Naked Palette: Half Baked, Smog, and Virgin (Half Baked and Smog along the outer corner over Charcoal brown and into crease. Virgin as a highlighter under the brow)
+Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Baked (along the "outer v" and up in to the crease)
+A tad bit of MAKE UP FOR EVER Flash Color Palette #004 Gold over all the other golds
+L.A. Colors glitter liner (along the upper lash line) in Copperfield

I was really pleased with the lip. I used:
+Sephora brand nano lip pencil #20 Real Red
+L'Oreal infallible lipstick #308 Target Red
+MAKE UP FOR EVER Flash Color Palette #004 Gold
+go-go Amy's Glamour Lips red glitter

Face:
+Too Faced Primed and Poreless Bronze face primer (pale faces like me can totally rock this in the summer time!)
+MAC Mineralize SkinFinish in Light Medium
+NARS Hungry Heart duo (highlighter, gold glitter funtimes)
+MAC powder blush in Prism (my go-to)


Just for fun, here's my Slytherin look from last year's midnight showing of HP:7 Part 1.

























Did you guys dress up or do anything fun in honor of the LAST HARRY POTTER? (I can hardly believe it...)

What's your favorite HP moment?


No comments:

Post a Comment