Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sara says: TAKE A PICTURE OF MY CAT IN VEGAS, BABY

I haven't done a good old fashioned junkin post in quite awhile. So here's a good old fashioned junkin post!

Pickings have been slim. But, to my surprise and delight, that poncey gentleman Roy Dudley had his shop open for the holiday weekend. Here's the loot!

vegas + camera + cat = trouble, baby!



First, let's talk about the orange thing. It's a Houze Art souvenir tray featuring beloved Vegas hot-spots of yesteryear. I'm talkin the likes of: The Sahara, The Stardust, The Dunes, The Hacienda, The Tropicana, The Sands, The Riviera, The Thunderbird, The Desert Inn, The Flamingo, and also giving props to the McCarran Field International Airport (LAS). I love Vegas history! It's so sad that most of these places don't operate anymore. *sigh*

Houze Art made fun little novelty glass tray/plate pieces featuring anything and everywhere. The perfect gift for those "Thanksgiving and Christmas" people. I kinda want to take it out of the box, but I kind of don't. $4!

"Souvenir Tray Gifts, by Houze Art"

Here's a close-up!


Now here we have a lovely Imperial Mark XII Flash - Medium Format Camera. I'm in no way a camera nerd, but my friend K is! I gave it to her to go in her lovely collection. $8!!!



Speaking to collections, I'm absolutely smitten with vintage planters. This one makes 4 in my collection! Ain't she sweet? Maybe I'll put a cactus in her. $12!

Lookit that face! D'awwww...



All in all, not a bad way to spend $20. And for those keeping track at home, everything was actually cheaper because the entire shop was discounted 20%. I may go back tomorrow for 50% funtimes!






Have a fun and safe holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment