Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sara makes stuff: MY CURRENT CRAFTY ENDEAVORS

HELLO SPRING!
 And, my goodness, it's MARCH!

I feel as though I am coming out of a hibernation- it's time to make stuff! In my spare time, I like to make semi-useless things. That usually entails jewelry, crocheting/knitting, x-stitching, and occasionally baking. I like to think of myself as a little crafty bard- well versed but master of nothing, HA! Here's what I've been working on recently:

Awhile back I posted about what to do with my old key collection, and I think I have found the answer!



I also picked up Twinkie Chan's Crochet Goodies for Fashion Foodies and have been working on a toast scarf (and apparently, according to Twinkie Chan, toast is savory...mmmm... toast). My spousal equivalent promises me he will wear this.

Source: google.com via Sara on Pinterest


I've been making a couple of these babies from tights that are no longer wearable- except I've been using huge plastic beads instead of bouncy balls (but I'm working on my bouncy ball stash!) I was inspired by P.S. I made This.

Source: google.com via Sara on Pinterest


I'm also lusting after Trendsetter's Cha Cha yarn. However, it's kinda got a funky ladder-ribbon style that required some research as to "HOW THE FUCK DO I MAKE IT DO?" The end results are totally worth it!



I was also fortunate enough to hit a crafty lady's estate sale and scored some stitching books on the cheap! I'm hopefully going to stitch up some cutesy, small pieces.

Finally on the agenda is to organize my jewelry making supplies... OMFG... I've been hitting up the local bead store quite a lot recently and I'm itchin to work up some pretty things like this:



But unfortunately, my stash is a kerfluffed hell hole. Bead organizing party anyone?

What have y'all been making? Amazing jewelry? Badass cupcakes? A mess? Babies? I wanna know!

1 comment:

  1. I live in a bead castle, wanna come and play?

    ReplyDelete