Monday, June 13, 2011

Sara says: 23 SKIDOO!



My obsession of the moment is perfecting a 1920's makeup look for an upcoming event. My best gal, Citizen K, and I are off to see Chicago! SQUEE! Of course we wanna get all fancy and dolled up! (She may not realize it yet but she's in charge of hair...) But I, being the resident makeup geek, am all over doing a look from the Prohibition Era!



Obvious Sources of Inspiration:

Clara Bow


Josephine Baker


Marlene Dietrich
Source: None via Sara on Pinterest





Less Obvious (at least to me) Sources of Inspiration:

Mary Nolan
Source: google.com via Margot on Pinterest


???


???




Preliminary Results:


















LOL, please bear in mind that I only had one brush handy (a Bare Minerals concealer brush at that) and have on no foundation (NAKED FACE, EEEEE!).  For the live version I'm definitely gonna make the eyebrows skinnier and perfect the skin. Products used are mostly Urban Decay 24/7 pencils and MAC's Russian Red lippie (yes, the WW one!).

NOW WHAT THE HELL AM I GONNA WEAR!?!?!?

K, YOU BETTER GET TA PRACTICIN YOUR FINGER WAVIN!   (lol)

Source: None via Sara on Pinterest



Hope you all are having a lovely week... and all that jazz! (I couldn't resist!)

No comments:

Post a Comment