Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sara sings: I'VE HAD ENOUGH, I'M NOT A FREAK.

Just a quickie post for a lovely Saturday! I love tattoos. I've collected 4 thus far in life and since the age of 15 I've had a notebook of potential concepts. Right now, I'm noticing a theme in my tattoo ruminations that I thought I would share, which is...

fReAkY LaDiEs

Observe in wonder!


..::The Bearded Lady::..

By Ashley Love.
Source: flickr.com via Sara on Pinterest


By ??? :(



Illustration by ???. This piece has been my inspiration for this whole concept.


By Hollie West Illustration. A bit of a larger "circus freaks" piece.




..::The Mythical Harpy::..

By Dusty Neal.


By Ryan Mason.


By Danilo Sini?
Source: 123rf.com via Sara on Pinterest




..::The Doomed Gorgon/Snake Woman::..

I am totally in love with this piece of flash, which I believe I spied in this month's Tattoo Flash Magazine. By Tim McAlary.


















Now of course I would change it up a bit, but I like that she's not exactly Medusa - who has many tattoos devoted to her. She's kind of an amalgamation of Medusa and a freak-show snake-woman. The wee mirror totally builds off of the Medusa myth, but the snake-woman is so totally traditional tattoo imagery and "broadville"pinup style.



I tried to source the images where I could, but, alas, such is the internet. Of course, if you have a name to put the pretty peektures, I will certainly credit.

I would also be remiss not to let everyone say hello to Geneveve, who has a special place in my heart and on my leg. She's a freaky lady in her own right.

Mermaid illustration by Paul Delacroix.




Tell me, do you have any special inked ladies in your life?

Have an excellent weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment