Monday, May 16, 2011

Sara says: "ROCK, ROCK FASHION BABY"

This is a gorgeous set designed by a Polyvore user, which I've only now just discovered. We're most interested in that shiny, genuine, and relatively uncut meteorite ring at the bottom...



I've been noticing a trend on Pinterest that makes me all giddy inside. Now we all know, since those nice young people over in England got married, that fascinators are on point at the moment. However, I don't fancy looking like this crazy bint Princess Beatrice. No, I much prefer a slightly more subtle, but equally as fascinating, statement piece.

Check out these gorgeous raw stone rings!

Source: urfunked.com via Sara on Pinterest


Source: imgspark.com via Sara on Pinterest



Source: etsy.com via Sara on Pinterest

Source: etsy.com via Sara on Pinterest


This last one is probably my favorite. Geek confession: my parents collected rocks, gemstones, fossils and minerals. Some of that fuckery rubbed off and I have a small collection of my own. I'm wondering if there's not a way to make one of these babies for myself. Hmmmm... Otherwise, this style varies in price (the fifth one down is from Urban Outfitters and is less than $30). My only caveat, especially when buying handmade, is to educate yourself a bit on gemstones and what the going rate is.

So would you guys rock these gorgeous rocks? What's your favorite statement piece to don?

No comments:

Post a Comment