Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sara says: 26 BEFORE 26 (part 1)


Apologies for the lack of posting! School has begun and it's been raining a lot. Makes me feel pretty wiiiippppeeed outttt. BUT, I haven't been completely idle. OH NO I HAVE NOT! Check this shit out.

"26 Before 26"

I borrowed the idea from Craftyminx. What we have here are 26 different goals I'd like to achieve before my 26th birthday, which is in July. Here's the first half!

1.) Start seeing doctors annually: GP, OB/GYN, Dentist, and Counselor as needed.

This one is so important!  I feel a bit ashamed about this one, but it's just something I've let slip away. I like to go to Planned Parenthood to maintain my ladybits and to support the work they do. And I've found a lot of resources on how to talk to your doctor about Health at Every Size and deflect weight-based stigma/bigotry.

For example, click through this Pin to read an article about how to stand up to your doctor- it's easier than you think and, as consumers of health care, we have the right to "fire" our doctors if need be.

Source: xojane.com via Sara on Pinterest


2.) Organize craft space (make craft space).

The beads are gonna be hell, but I can do it!

3.) Make graduation plan!

All I have left is practicum and internships (OMG!) 

4.) Make a workout schedule, get heart pumping 30 minutes a day?

I think I'd really like to get back into cardio and strength-training. It's a great (and cheap) way to fend of the little black depression cloud. However, I also care for my elderly granny, so I have to find a (daily?) schedule that's practical. I have a treadmill at home, but I'm starting to feel a bit like a hamster on a wheel. Thinking about Curves... hmmm...

5.) Drink more water and hot tea.

I drink so much Diet Coke that they send me free shit. No kidding. I've really gotten into hot tea. This one is my favorite so far:



6.) Plan a garden for backyard.

Square-foot gardening packs a lot of veggies into a little bit of space.
Source: boyslife.org via Sara on Pinterest


Raised beds.
Source: sunset.com via Sara on Pinterest


Spiral herb garden!


7.) Get more involved with LGBTQ community locally and in-person.

8.) Fix bathroom hardware! Add shelf space.

All my towel racks/tp holders have abandoned ship! I have some amazing ideas that involve driftwood... I just gotta do it!
 
9.) Cut hair.

At least "trim" hair. May try to grow it out past my shoulders and attempt to style it.

10.) Replace septum jewelry.

I currently have a ring and I'll need something that I can flip up so I don't scare old people in the professional world.

11.) Find a foundation for my face!

Something that won't break me out or look like pancake batter.

12.) Finish Boardwalk skirt.

That's right y'all, I am crocheting a somewhat less useless garment!
Source: ravelry.com via Sara on Pinterest


13.) Make an afghan.

Red Heart has a nice pattern selection online... now just to pick one that won't take me 10,000 years! 






So there's part 1! Wish me luck! Have you made any resolutions or goals for 2012? How's it going? 


I'll take any advice, tips, or anecdotes!

No comments:

Post a Comment